Aug 21 , 2022
We might be bias, but we’ve got the winery experience down for our guests. We meticulously plan every detail of our newly expanded patio, tasting room, snack menu, and of course, our ever-growing list of wines, so that you have the most memorable and enjoyable time when coming to visit us in Prince Edward County. On top of that, we truly believe our team, and the work we do here is special. We put our heart into everything we do here, and hope that shines through from the moment you walk onto the property.
With that, we’re sharing our top 10 reasons why you should add Traynor to your visit in Prince Edward County if you haven’t already!
- We are working towards being a zero-waste winery (or as close to as possible). From sustainable and organic vineyard practices to the clean energy sources we use to keep the lights on, we have been making small changes over the past several years to have minimal impact on the environment and the land that we farm from. You can read more about these certifications here.
- Speaking of sustainability, we were one of the first wineries in Prince Edward County to start offering our wines in pouches. Not only is this a more environmentally friendly way to package and ship wine and reducing our carbon footprint, but it’s also a lot of fun to grab a pouch for on-the-go. From camping, biking, hiking and beach days, these pouches of wine have been a big hit with our guests, staff and friends this summer.
- Traynor is Certified Living Wage, meaning we make sure we are providing a standard where our team can enjoy coming into work and create a positive and inviting environment for our guests.
- Our team is truly the best! You can read more about their stories here. They all bring different backgrounds and expertise to create a collaborative team that continues to push Traynor to be the best it can be.
- As much as we love the County classics like Chardonnay and Pinot Noir, we also like to keep our guests on their toes. We’re always experimenting with our wines, which means every time you visit, chances are there will be something new, weird, and wonderful to try. From our Pét-Nats to our Big Eazy lineup, we’re no strangers to trying something new.
- Want to try something besides wine? Try our Vermouth — it has over 20 fresh and dried herbs and spices, many grown right on our property. Our Vermouths are a true passion project, which are great to sip solo or to use creatively in a cocktail, like this one. Be sure to ask a server next time you visit to give them a taste.
- Did you know that winemaker, Mike Traynor, was once the youngest winemaker in Canada? Now you do.
Wine slushies! Yes, you read that right. We took the frosé and elevated it. We have two different flavours to choose from that you can enjoy while exploring our vineyard or relaxing on the patio.
- Oh right — our patio! Our patio has grown since the start of the pandemic, complete with fire pits, lush gardens, hammocks, and lots of space to kick back and relax with a glass of wine and charcuterie board.
- Last, but certainly not least — we’re opening Traynor Distillery next year, which will be a fantastic edition to our winery. We will be focusing on grape-based spirits like Grappa, with a few other ideas up our sleeve. We can’t wait to share more details with you soon!
We could keep listing the reasons why you need to visit us, but we thought — you just need to come visit and experience the winery for yourself! As the summer winds down, we can’t deny there is something truly special about the fall in Prince Edward County that makes it an amazing time of year to come visit — you might even be able to help with harvest (yet another great reason to give us a visit!)