Traynor Vineyard is a small-batch, family-owned winery located in the heart of Prince Edward County, Ontario. The vineyard is known for its unique approach to winemaking, with a focus on sustainable practices and using local Ontario grapes. Traynor's Original Ophelia Piquette wine is no exception to this ethos.
Piquette wine is a light, refreshing wine made from the second pressings of grapes used for other wines. This wine has a lower alcohol content than traditional wines, making it perfect for creating cocktails. Traynor's Original Ophelia Piquette wine is a blend of Cabernet Franc, Pinot Noir, and Chardonnay grapes, creating a beautiful light pink color with delicate floral and citrus notes.
Now, let's get into the recipe for our sparkling wine cocktail. This recipe makes one serving, and we recommend using a flute glass for the best presentation.
- 3 oz Traynor's Original Ophelia Piquette wine
- 1 oz elderflower liqueur
- 1 oz grapefruit juice
- 2 dashes of grapefruit bitters
- 2 oz sparkling water
- Grapefruit twist, for garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add the Traynor's Original Ophelia Piquette wine, elderflower liqueur, grapefruit juice, and grapefruit bitters.
- Shake the ingredients until well combined.
- Strain the cocktail into a flute glass.
- Top the cocktail with sparkling water.
- Garnish with a grapefruit twist.
This sparkling wine cocktail is perfect for enjoying on a warm summer evening, and it's a great way to showcase Traynor Vineyard's unique approach to winemaking. We encourage all wine enthusiasts to book their Prince Edward County getaway and visit our Ontario vineyard. Book a reservation at our winery, or shop online at www.traynorvineyard.com to bring a taste of Ontario grapes to your home bar. Cheers!