Mar 22 , 2023
Throwing the Ultimate Dinner Party: A Guide with Traynor Vineyard's Wine Pairings
Are you looking to throw the ultimate dinner party with friends? Look no further than Traynor Vineyard for your perfect pairing of food and wine.
First things first, planning the perfect dinner party can be stressful, but it doesn't have to be. One fun way to make it exciting is to have a theme. You could choose a country or a specific type of cuisine to center your dishes around. Another great idea is to have a dress code, like black-tie or pajamas only. Don't forget to create a killer playlist to set the mood.
Now onto the important stuff, the food and wine. A delicious and easy appetizer to serve your guests is a charcuterie board. All you need is a wooden board, an assortment of meats, cheeses, crackers, and fruits. Arrange them on the board and voila! You have a delicious and visually appealing snack to enjoy before the main course.
For the main course, we have a vegan recipe that is sure to impress even the biggest meat-eater. Our Vegan Sweet Potato and Black Bean Enchiladas are easy to make and packed with flavor. The sweet potatoes give the dish a sweet and savory taste that pairs perfectly with a glass of Traynor Vineyard's Prince Edward County wine.
Here are the recipe details:
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into small cubes
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8-10 corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups of enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup of vegan cheese (optional)
- Fresh cilantro and sliced avocado for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the sweet potatoes, bell pepper, onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Cook for about 10-12 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Add the black beans to the skillet and stir to combine.
- In a 9x13 inch baking dish, spread a layer of enchilada sauce on the bottom.
- Assemble the enchiladas by placing a few spoonfuls of the sweet potato and black bean mixture onto a tortilla. Roll it up tightly and place it seam side down in the baking dish. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the enchiladas and sprinkle with vegan cheese (optional).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the enchiladas are heated through.
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh cilantro and sliced avocado.
Speaking of wine, Traynor Vineyard has a mixed box collection. This collection includes red, white, and rose wine that pairs perfectly with any meal. Traynor Vineyard is known for their PEC wine and wine tasting experience, and this mixed box is a great way to experience their variety of flavors.
And what's a dinner party without a fun drinking game? One game that always gets a good laugh is "Never Have I Ever." Each person takes turns saying something they've never done before, and if someone in the group has done it, they take a sip of their drink. It's a great way to get to know your friends better and have a good time.
Throwing the ultimate dinner party is all about the details. A theme, a killer playlist, and delicious food and wine are all key components to a successful evening. Don't forget to try out Traynor Vineyard's mixed box collection and pair it with our Vegan Sweet Potato and Black Bean Enchiladas for the ultimate PEC wine and dining experience.