Our winemakers have been experimenting with skin-fermented whites since 2001 and 2022 vintage is a perfect blend of all their experimentation and feedback from our customers.
This wine spent 5 days macerating on the skins before being pressed and undergoing a long, cool co-ferment. Orange blossom and honey suckle, with a hint of green tea.
- 60% Chardonnay, 40% Riesling
- 10.5% Alcohol
- 6 ppm SO2 at bottling
- 3 g/L residual sugar
- VQA Niagara Peninsula
Our goal for this Orange wine is to make it more approachable and fun. By destemming the grapes, cold soaking, pressing slightly before fermentation is completed, racking the wine off the seeds and skins, and bottling it as quickly as possible, we are able to create a wine that is less tannic and harsh, while still retaining the unique characteristics of a skin-fermented white.
Food Pairing Suggestions:
- Zucchinis or Green onions on the bbq
- Creamy cheese on a nice toast
- Eastern European-inspired cuisines such as smoked fish and seafood, smoked meats, and pickled vegetables.
- Best served chilled Ideal temperature: 8-10°C