Introducing Baco Baco, our latest Piquette release from Traynor Family Vineyard in Prince Edward County. This bottle-fermented Piquette is crafted using 100% Baco Noir skins, offering a unique and exciting taste experience. With an alcohol content of 7.6%, Baco Baco is a refreshing, effervescent delight.
Baco Baco boasts enticing aromas of cherry and leather, making it an intriguing addition to our Piquette lineup. Its crisp, bubbly finish is complemented by a dense purple color, ensuring a delightful sensory experience.
- Alcohol: 7.6%
- Free SO2: 1 mg/L
- Residual Sugar: 3 g/L
Our Baco Baco Piquette is a bottle-fermented gem, similar to a pet-nat, produced from 100% Baco Noir skins. By incorporating our hard, saline well water into the production process, we've created a truly unique and captivating palate that sets this Piquette apart.
Historical & Method of Production:
Piquette is an age-old winemaking method originating in ancient Rome, where it was made by farmers and vineyard workers to utilize leftover grape pomace. The pomace is re-fermented with water and sugar, resulting in a lightly effervescent wine with lower alcohol content and a distinctive taste. Our Baco Baco Piquette is crafted using this traditional technique, with a focus on the Baco Noir grape variety and the innovative use of our saline well water.
Food Pairing Suggestions:
- Grilled shrimp or fish tacos with fresh salsa
- Caprese salad with ripe tomatoes, fresh basil, and mozzarella
- Veggie skewers with bell peppers, zucchini, and red onion
- Summer quinoa salad with cucumber, cherry tomatoes, and feta cheese
- Spinach and strawberry salad with goat cheese and balsamic glaze
- Light pasta salads with fresh herbs and seasonal vegetables
- Gourmet burgers with caramelized onions and blue cheese
- Watermelon, feta, and mint salad
- Prosciutto-wrapped melon slices
- Bruschetta with fresh tomatoes, basil, and a drizzle of balsamic reduction
- Best served chilled
- Ideal temperature: 7-11°C