Grapecrush x Traynor
We bring you this 50% Sauvignon Blanc 50% Chardonnay Pet Nat! Made with indigenous yeast, bottled on lees following the ancestral method, this bone-dry bubbly is a hazy explosion of citrus and green tropical fruit. With notes of lemon pith, pineapple and grapefruit, The White One will be your new go-to for refreshing bubbles at the park!
Label by Ariane Leblanc
- Varieties: 50% Sauvignon Blanc, 50% Chardonnay
- Alcohol: 11.2%
- SO2 @Bottling: >3mg/L
- Residual Sugar: 3 g/L
- VQA Ontario VQA
- Vintage: 2021
We decided to mix it up a little more this year with our White Pet-Nat. Literally. Two years ago our Pet-Nat was 100% Chardonnay. Last year was 100%, Sauvignon Blanc. This year we split the difference. 50/50.
Why did we do that you ask? Well, simple. We liked the body and balance of the Chardonnay and we love the aromatics of the Sauvignon Blanc. So we decided the best approach was to blend the two varieties.
Food Pairing Suggestions:
- Fresh seafood dishes such as grilled fish, ceviche, and sushi
- Lightly spicy dishes such as Thai or Mexican cuisine
- Fresh fruit and cheese platters featuring soft cheeses such as brie or goat cheese
- Salads with a citrus or tropical fruit-based dressing
- Light appetizers such as prosciutto-wrapped melon or grapefruit and avocado salad
The bright acidity and fruity aromatics in this Pet-Nat wine make it a great match for fresh and light dishes. The subtle sweetness and effervescence complement the flavours of seafood, while the lemongrass and tropical fruit notes pair well with lightly spicy dishes. The wine's acidity helps to cut through rich and oily flavours, making it a great match for grilled fish or poultry. It's also perfect for sipping on a warm summer day or as an aperitif with a variety of fresh fruit and soft cheese platters.
- Best served chilled
- Ideal temperature: 8-10°C